Thursday, March 5, 2009

BABY COWS

My calves feel like someone stabbed me in them haha. My wife and I did the Tabata leg routine last night, and it was brutal. I consider my legs to be my strongest body part, and I needed all the strength I could muster last night. If you haven't read my post about Tabata, view it here. Here it goes:

TABATA LEG WORKOUT

Warmup
5 minutes at a light pace on the eliptical, followed by a nice long leg stretch. Once again, if you only stretch sometimes, make sure it's before you leg workout.

Smith Machine Squat
8 Sets: 35 pounds

Leg Press
8 Sets: 160 pounds

Seated Leg Extension
6 Sets: 50 pounds.. 2 Sets: 35 pounds (I had to lighten it up, I was in agony!)

Lying Leg Curl
8 Sets: 50 pounds

Standing Calf Raise
8 Sets: 50 pounds

Seated Calf Raise
6 Sets: 45 pounds

I had to stop at 6 sets on the calf raises because it literally felt like fire was shooting through my legs. Next time, I may just do the standing raises. It was good enough. So yeah, today, I'm walking funny and it's very unpleasant. But my legs feel even harder than usual. I think a couple months doing this once a week and I'll have some definition I never realized.

Beginners, don't try this workout. I've been doing leg workouts in some form or another most of my life and have very strong legs. But this was just brutal. Definitely get a feel for all the exercises and make sure you're comfortable before taking on this workout.

I'll probably be back to post tomorrow night. My family and I are going to the Arnold Classic in Columbus this weekend, and I'm very excited. If you live in the area, don't miss out. It's an amazing fitness show. I hope to get some pics with some of the UFC fighters and maybe a couple pro bodybuilders. If I get anything good, I'll be sure to post them for you. Talk to you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment