Wednesday, February 25, 2009

3 SCOOPS


Tonight was legs and shoulders. For those of you that have done a hard leg workout, you know how draining it can be on the body. Lots of muscle groups are at work, often times pushing much more weight than you're comfortable with. I think whoever coined the term "no pain, no gain" came up with it after doing legs! I also chose to do shoulders tonight, since Friday or Saturday will be a full on bicep/tricep/forearm workout and will be my final workout of the week.

One thing I can't recommend enough is getting plenty of good food in your body the day of your leg workout. Like I said, it's very draining on the body and having enough calories taken in that day can mean all the difference between powering through the whole thing, or crashing right in the middle of it. I'm guilty today of not eating enough, and boy did I struggle! So get plenty of protein and good carbs in your system, and be sure to take plenty of protein after your workout. I took 3 scoops of Wheybolic instead of 2 after I got done. So here's the workout!!

LEG/SHOULDER WORKOUT

Warm Up
5 Minutes of light cardio on the eliptical, followed up by an extended stretching session. DO NOT do a leg workout without getting a good stretch first. That's the easiest way to end up with an injury.

Smith Machine Squats
Set 1: 70 pounds, 15 reps (warmup)
Sets 2-4: 90 pounds, 10 reps

Leg Extensions
4 Sets: 170 pounds, 8 reps

Leg Press
4 Sets: 320 pounds, 8 reps

Lying Leg Curls
4 Sets: 120 pounds, 8 reps

Seated Calf Press
4 Sets: 95 pounds, 8 reps

Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press
3 Sets: 30 pounds, 10 reps

Upright Barbell Rows
3 Sets: 60 pounds, 10 reps

Lateral Dumbbell Raises
3 Sets: 20 pounds, 12 reps

Reverse Pec Deck Flyes
3 Sets: 90 pounds, 10 reps

Barbell Shrugs
3 sets: 110 pounds, 10 reps

Dumbbell Shrugs
3 sets: 65 pounds, 10 reps

I didn't do any cardio after my workout tonight. I was already tired, and a leg workout can seriously get the heart pumping. I'm going to take a day or 2 off to heal up, but I'll be around to post something for you tomorrow or Friday either way. Arm workout on Saturday!! I hope everyone is having a great week. Here's another DJ mix of mine for you to check out!!

DL: DJ Doug Collins- This Ain't Hollywood (Full on Electro House!)

No comments:

Post a Comment