Saturday, February 21, 2009

LONG LIVE THE CHEAT MEAL!!


I've just stuffed myself with enough Indian food that I'm feeling pretty rough. And boy is it nice!! Like I've said, cheating is part of dieting. If you don't do it every now and again, you'll fall off the wagon, and sometimes not get back on. So yeah, today I had my cheat meal of the week, and being this full makes me eager to get back on track. Funny how that works. I DID cheat today. However, I also hit the gym for 2 hours for an arm workout and some cardio. I'm getting to be incapable of just being a "fat kid" anymore. Not that that's a bad thing. I took the same supplements today as in my last post, so check back to that one to see what all I took. Here we go:

WORKOUT
5 minutes on the eliptical for warm-up at moderate resistance.

Machine Preacher Curl
Sets 1 and 2: 30 pounds, 15 reps
Sets 3-5: 50 pounds, 10 reps

Cable Hammer Curls
3 Sets: 80 pounds, 10 reps

Incline Dumbbell Press
Sets 1 and 2: 30 pounds, 10 reps
Sets 3 and 4: 25 pounds, 12 reps

Overhead Cable Curl
3 Sets: 45 pounds (each arm), 10 reps

Seated Tricep Dumbbell Extension
3 Sets: 50 pounds, 10 reps

Triceps Pushdown
3 Sets: 60 pounds, 12 reps

Overhead Cable Tricep Extension
3 Sets: 50 pounds, 12 reps

Skullcrushers
3 Sets: 60 pounds, 8 reps

21's
2 Sets: 50 pounds, 21 reps

Wrist Curl
2 Sets: 40 pounds, 20 reps

Reverse Curl
2 Sets: 40 pounds, 15 reps

Crunches
3 Sets: To failure

Cardio
24 minutes: 2 minutes low intensity, 2 minutes high, repeated 12 times.

I'll probably not do any lifting again until Monday or Tuesday. I'm pretty depleted from today's workout, but I feel great. If I had to pick the exercise not to miss in this workout, I'd tell you to not miss the Incline Dumbbell Press. When done properly, it really stretches out the long head of the bicep and will eventually give you peak you're looking for in your arms. I'm starting to see it more and more every time I work out.

Also, hit the wrist curls and reverse curls hard at the end of your set. When the forearms start lagging behind the rest of your arms, they can start to hurt severely when doing heavy curls. I know this from firsthand experience, and make sure to never miss working the forearms.

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend, and has hit the gym at least once before it's over! But it's Saturday. Get out and have a good time! We all need it sometimes! Talk to you soon!

STRETCH ARMSTRONG- LIVE AT DOWNTOWN SATURDAY NIGHT

No comments:

Post a Comment