Thursday, February 19, 2009

BEING SORE IS A GOOD THING!!

And I'm happy that's true, because I am SORE today! Last night I did my 1st of 2 chest workouts for the week. I'm trying to grow all my muscles obviously, but my weakest point is my chest. Being fat and losing weight caused me to have fairly pronounced "man boobs." I'm very self conscious about it, so I hit my chest very hard a few times a week in order to help me fill out and theoretically burn fat in that area. The fat burning thing might not actually work, but it makes me feel better. Either way, everyone has at least one thing they want to look better than the everything else.

So far, I've managed to create some noticeable gains in my chest area, and my bench press has improved from barely being able to handle the bar to around 120 pounds in less than a year. My chest area has something that is starting to resemble pecs, and I'm very happy for that. Here is a picture of me this morning:

I know I'm not going to be hitting the bodybuilding pro stage anytime soon, but this is the best physique I've ever had and it's continuing to improve, just like yours can with dedication!

I am also happy to report that I weighed 274.1 when I hit the scales after I woke up this morning. Maybe the 4 pounds a week calorie intake thing might work. I was 276 a few short days ago. It goes to show you that watching what you eat and being active can work wonders quickly!

Back to my workout, though. I did most of my sets last night pyramid style. I don't normally do them that way, but it's a good way to shock the muscles sometimes. I usually follow a straight sets routine (same amount of weight, same # of reps the whole workout). Here's how my workout played out last night, including all supplements I took before and after:

SUPPLEMENTS BEFORE
GNC Leucine-XT (6 pills equalling 3 grams): 60 minutes before
BSN N.O.-Xplode (2 scoops w/10oz. of water): 30 minutes before
GNC L-Glutamine Powder (5 grams mixed with N.O.-XPlode)

WORKOUT
5 minute warm-up on eliptical at moderate resistance (just to get the blood flowing, nothing else)

Dumbbell Bench Press
Warm-up set (2 of them): 25 pounds, 15 reps
Set 1: 35 pounds, 12 reps
Set 2: 40 pounds, 10 reps
Set 3: 50 pounds, 8 reps
Set 4: 40 pounds, 10 reps
Set 5: 35 pounds, 12 reps

Incline Dumbbell Press
Set 1: 45 pounds, 10 reps
Set 2: 45 pounds, 8 reps
Set 3: 50 pounds, 6 reps
Set 4: 45 pounds, 8 reps

Barbell Bench Press
Set 1: 95 pounds, 12 reps
Set 2: 105 pounds, 10 reps
Set 3: 115 pounds, 8 reps
Set 4: 105 pounds, 10 reps

Decline Barbell Press
Set 1: 100 pounds, 12 reps
Set 2: 105 pounds, 10 reps
Set 3: 115 pounds, 8 reps
Set 4: 105 pounds, 10 reps

Incline Dumbbell Flye
Sets 1-3: 25 pounds, 10 reps

Flat Dumbbell Flye
Sets 1-3: 25 pounds, 10 reps

Cable Crossover
Sets 1-3: 50 pounds (each side), 10 reps

Low-Pulley Cable Crossover
Sets 1-3: 40 pounds (each side) 10 reps

Crunches
Sets 1-3: To failure

Cardio
20 minutes on eliptical: 2 minutes steady rate, 2 minutes high rate, repeated 5 times

POST WORKOUT SUPPLEMENTS
Protein Shake (8 oz. 1% milk, 1.5 scoops of Wheybolic Extreme, One scoop (5g) L-Glutamine Powder

This is a pretty advanced chest workout that takes a lot of stamina to complete. I wouldn't recommend it to beginners necessarily, but I do recommend doing at least 4-5 separate exercises when doing a full chest workout. Remember, listen to your body. If you feel like you can't go any further, that's your body telling you quit. Don't injure yourself. And don't forget my main rule. USE PROPER FORM!! I might not post anything tomorrow since I have to work at the bank and DJ, but I'll be back on Saturday to post any progress, and post the details of my leg workout. Thanks for reading, and stay motivated!! Here's some music to help!!

Alizee: Fifty Sixty (Rolf Honey Remix)
Britney Spears: Circus (Diplo Remix)
Both tracks hosted by The Docking Station

No comments:

Post a Comment